This month’s corporate partner spotlight is shining on EVB. EVB has been a long-time supporter of NAWBO Richmond and is the Presenting Sponsor of the State of Women Owned Business in Virginia Study.
The following is an interview with Beth Bettley, Director of Small Business Banking:
- Tell us the basics about your company: When was it started, how many employees, what’s your role in the company, etc. EVB is an independent, full-service community bank with our history dating back to 1910. We provide a wide range of quality financial products and services for personal and business banking. We offer all of the technology, choice, and convenience that the big banks offer, but delivered with the personal touch that only a community bank can provide. Headquartered in Tappahannock, Virginia, EVB employs 325+ employees and has 24 locations throughout Central Virginia, Tidewater, Northern Neck, Middle Peninsula and Southern Virginia. As Director of Small Business Banking, I am responsible for the growth and management of EVB’s small business banking clients. I work closely with my customers to provide customized banking solutions and a one- of-a kind business banking experience.
- Can you describe the key business services and solutions you provide? What makes your services unique? EVB provides all the “big bank” services with a community bank heart. We provide services such as checking accounts, savings, lines of credit, business banking services and much more. We are unique in that we offer products specifically tailored to our customers and are always looking to improve based on our customers’ needs. One of our biggest accomplishments has been the launch of our P.O.W.E.R. program. The P.O.W.E.R Program (Potential of Women Entrepreneurs Realized) is designed specifically for women business owners. This program provides them with networking opportunities, financial resources and a network of other business women. P.O.W.E.R.’s mantra “Believing in the Power of You” is not just a slogan, but a promise to provide these women with the resources and support to grow and expand their businesses. P.O.W.E.R. provides a constant support system, financial resources, and an ever-growing network of women entrepreneurs with whom these clients can share tips, advice and support.
- Who are your clients? EVB’s clients are both consumer and business customers. We are dedicated to serving our customers needs and being “the best of the best” by providing convenience, integrity, innovation and a community feel that they can trust.
- What do you see as the biggest challenge facing your business today? The biggest challenge facing EVB today is the constant innovation of technology. As technology leaps ahead, our challenge is to provide our customers the most up to date and convenient banking services while protecting them and their assets from any threats. As technology gets smarter, so do the hackers and criminals. Our goal is to provide innovative banking services while keeping our clients personal information safe.
- Tell us something people would be surprised to know about your company? Many people in the Richmond area think that EVB serves only the Northern Neck and Middle Peninsula. However, we have a widespread foot print across Central Virginia, Tidewater and the Northern Neck and Middle Peninsulas and are constantly expanding.
- Tell us about your connection with NAWBO Richmond and the impact it has had on you and your business? EVB’s connection with NAWBO has not only allowed us to make a big splash in the greater Richmond area, but has also expanded our clientele and allowed us to connect with other great businesses and organizations. From these connections we have gained invaluable partnerships and many new opportunities.
- Based on your experience, what do you see as the most important thing a member or corporate partner can do to grow with NAWBO Richmond? Based on our experience with NAWBO, the most important thing a member or corporate partner can do is to become involved. Whether that is through sponsoring an event with NAWBO, attending the various luncheons and networking events, or just getting out and meeting the members. Our connection with NAWBO has greatly benefitted us in all aspects such as new clientele, new business relationships and new organizations that we look forward to working with in the future.
phone: (804) 270-7501
cell: (804) 994-4837
web site: www.bankevb.com