A Mastermind is a group of like-minded individuals with similar goals, who meet regularly in person or by phone to support each other in manifesting personal and professional success. Members commit to attending group sessions, and participate by sharing stories and information while “holding space” for the transformative growth of each individual. The concept was popularized by Napoleon Hill, the author of “Think and Grow Rich.” He said: “No two minds ever come together without a third invisible force, which may be likened to a “third mind.”
A synergistic Mastermind group uses the “collective super intelligence” supplying the group with guidance, creative ideas, positive support, honest feedback and accountability in reaching professional and economic goals. The result is that the generative power of the group far exceeds that of each individual.
Joining Masterminds is a great way to be part of the NAWBO Richmond community and get to know other local women business owners.
Here are some great questions to ask yourself—Masterminds can help you find the answers!
- What do you want?
- What’s holding you back?
- What is it costing you to continue holding back?
- How do you want to change your mind’s programming on that topic?
- What new habits will you put in place to fortify your new mindset?
- What is the most meaningful action you could take now?
- What new skills or support systems will ensure your success?
Mastermind is for YOU if
- You are highly committed to invest into your own success.
- You are action oriented and won’t let fear or being a beginner stop you.
- You have lots of good reasons why you want to earn a soul-satisfying living.
- You’re tired of trying to figure it all out on your own.
- You will dedicate time to complete this transformational learning experience.
- You are ready to leverage the wisdom of other women's experiences in your business.
Masterminds Agree to
- Follow the guidelines developed by each individual group.
- Attend as many Mastermind meetings as possible.
- Be 100% committed to my own success and that of my colleagues.
- Hold in confidence everything shared in the group.
- Hold space for the transformation of individuals in the group.
- Participate and ask for the support I need to take a leap forward.
- Actively listen and give constructive feedback.
- Offer suggestions based on positive results I’ve experienced in my own business.
- Raise group energy to achieve success.
Mastermind Group Information
Meetings are confidential: Confidentiality is important to generate the full potential of the group, which encourages members to share freely, and group members will be asked to sign confidentiality agreements.
Non-compete clause: Individual group members will have the choice whether or not to allow a new member that may be considered in competition in a similar profession or trade, so that the group can maintain success with confidence and privacy. The first member in each profession to join the group has the right to request a competing member form a new group.
Let your alliance grow—Networking is important to support each other: One outstanding characteristic of our Mastermind groups are that they will automatically attract people who are in harmony with the group’s purpose. Each Mastermind group has a distinct focus, as individuals in different stages of business have different needs.
- Members are asked to make a 6 week committment to the group.
- NAWBO Richmond Membership is required to participate in a Mastermind group.
- Meeting formats, days, locations, and times are specific to, and decided by each group.