Central Virginia is home to world-leading scientific and engineering talent and capabilities. This Award will recognize an exceptional woman in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM), who has pioneered new discoveries and/or been instrumental in bringing the benefits of those discoveries to market for economic and social impact.
The winner of this Award will have shown persistence and tenacity in pursuing scientific excellence of truly world-class quality. The judges will be looking for a significant track record of discovery, research and development.
The Richmond NAWBO Foundation Board suggests the following criteria to be considered in the Women in STEM Award.
Minimum Nominee Requirements
To qualify for the Women in STEM Award, nominees must:
- Hold a business, technology or scientific leadership role in a company whose primary product is in the STEM field OR maintain a leadership position in the STEM department of a non-STEM organization with authority over any STEM related operations
- Hold ownership or be employed by a Virginia-based business/organization or a division/subsidiary with a significant leadership role in Virginia
- Hold a leadership or STEM position with a STEM company OR hold a STEM position in a non-STEM company
- Perform a managerial or ownership role within her organization and hold budgetary responsibility
- Have a minimum of one year of managerial experience within the current organization as of the date of the nominations deadline (January 26, 2018).
- Have a primary residence in Virginia
- Show evidence of impact being made in a STEM environment.
- Have pioneered new discoveries to market or made headway in this sector.
- Can be seen as a role model to encourage other girls/women into STEM research and/or business.
- In order to be considered, all nominations must be received by January 26, 2018.
- NAWBO Board and Foundation members are not eligible.
NOMINATION FORM - Nominations have been extended through Wednesday, February 14th!